Monday, November 3, 2008

Sorry for the delay

Sorry for the delay folks, but I've been busy at work and under the weather. I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now and it is getting really annoying. Every time I think I'm just about over it, it migrates somewhere else and starts all over again. So far it has gone from my chest to my head and is now stuck somewhere in between!

But, here are the updates from my Celtoberfest celebration.

The My Three Kilts extravaganza weekend was great. They were at Tir Na Nog on Friday night. There was an unusually large crowd that night. Usually the place is about 1/4 full on Fridays, but, the place was easily 1/2 to 3/4 full. Not only were there a lot of folks, but everyone was in a good mood and quite a few were aware of the appropriate crowd responses! It always makes things so much more fun when the crowd gets into it. The boys did a good job entertaining everyone. There was one song there where I'm pretty sure they were all playing at different speeds. It was quite humorous.
The following night, Saturday, the Marquise and I went out to the great metropolis that is Elroy, NC to see the Kilts on there home turf, The Nutless Hound. The Nutless Hound is a private establishment (actually, it's Shane's converted garage) that has all the facilities of some of the best bars around. There is a flat screen TV, a really nice bar, beer taps, a liquor shelf to die for, I believe I saw a dart board somewhere and a stage for the Kilts to play on. I have heard quite a bit about the place, but didn't quite imagine it correctly. The place is phenomenal. There was food, alcohol and friends (new and old) everywhere. The Guys did a great job on their show that night, especially considering how much some of them had to drink before the show! I was impressed.

(I hope I get this right) I was told I had to give a shout out to the best Godfather around, Nick (Nicky? I was tired and it was loud when this discussion occurred). Will has got it made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got it right Ricky....Nicky is the best Godfather ever...and yes, Will does have it made...KUDOS to you too.