Sunday, November 9, 2008

Knitting and Crocheting

It has been awhile since I updated y'all on my latest projects.

Currently I have 2 projects going on right now. A baby blanket for a co-worker's daughter and a pair of kilt hose for myself. The baby blanket is a lace pattern and I am using leftovers from previous projects. It is really amazing how much of a "stash" one accumulates progressing from one project to another. I get half a skein here, a ball there of various yarns left over from completed projects (not to mention the occasional just gotta have it purchase) and the next thing I know, I am almost overrun with yarn! I have odds and ends in drawers, on shelves and in bags. So I have passed a "Rule": for every project with new yarn, I have to complete a project with yarn from my stash. We'll see how long this Rule lasts.

My second project is a pair of kilt hose for myself. This is gonna be interesting. Not only is it the first pair of knitted socks, it is also my first pair of knitted kilt hose. The main difference between kilt hose and socks is that I have to keep in mind that the hose have to come up and over my calves (which are much bigger than my ankles...is there a joke in there?). So along with being much longer, they have to be fitted. And, of course, I am doing this sans pattern. I don't need no bloody pattern! (Yes Virginia, there is some testosterone in Ricky.) I wonder how many times I will have to start over? Anyone wanna place a bet?

Oh, almost forgot. The Marquise and I went to Yarns, Etc this afternoon to visit with Hannah. Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for Hannah) she was fairly busy. Usually at least one or two other customers in the store, so we actually did not get a whole lot of time to visit. We did pick out a really interesting yarn for a scarf for the Marquise. It is still out in the truck, so I'll post the particulars about it later. (I know, this kinda blows the Rule, but it's for her Christmas present... thats a good reason, right? Right?)

1 comment:

HANNAH said...

It was a real treat to see you, I'm sorry we didn't have more time to visit! I guess that means you will both have to come back and see me again soon! Thanks for checking out the new shop, and wearing your great "man-made" sweater! I can't wait to see the scarf progress!