Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Braces

I haven't updated y'all on my Great Braces adventure in, oh a year or so, I guess. Well, everything that has happened since the last post has been pretty much as expected; I go to the Orthodontist, she changes out the wires to a larger gauge, adds a stronger band, I go home with teeth that hurt. As soon as my teeth get used to the new stuff, I go back and start all over again. But, there is good news and not so good news. The good news is that I have the final wire placed on my lower teeth and the gap in my upper teeth is almost closed (of course, this is the gap that the Orthodontist caused, but who's keeping score?). I'm on the final stretch now! The bad news is that the final wire on my lower teeth feels like it could be used to construct a high-rise! And, if that were not bad enough, I now have rubber bands on the braces to pull the upper teeth back. There is one on each side, stretching from the upper jaw to the lower. It's gonna be interesting to see if I can talk on the phone tomorrow!

Oh, BTW, I changed the color of the band on my upper teeth. It used to be silver, it is now a dark blue. Yippee!

No comments: