Friday, May 2, 2008

Bad Beer

It was bound to happen.

I had hoped it would have been much much later but, sadly, no.

The Marquise and I produced our first batch of really, really bad beer. I'm not talking about "I can only manage one beer a day" bad. I'm talking about "I can't finish one beer a day" bad. Horrible. Yech! Somehow, we managed to make syrup sweet hefeweizen beer. Sweet beer in general is not preferred. Some can be OK for one drink, kind of a special occasion moment. But that is about it. Hefe beers are definitely NOT supposed to be sweet. They are supposed to be, as wine enthusiasts would say, dry. Not bitter, just not sweet. However, we concocted some super duper sweet obnoxious beer and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to drink it. I may have to use it in the slug traps out in the garden. At least I wouldn't have to pour it down the drain. Hmmmmm.

Something tells me the beer is gonna get dumped.

No comments: