Thursday, May 22, 2008

What Not to Have for Breakfast

OK folks, whatever happens, do NOT have a Cinnabon cinnamon roll for breakfast. It will destroy your entire day. I was fine for about 2 hours and then everything went to hell in a handbasket. My sugar levels went up, then they went down. I ate some fruit, they went up. Lunch time came around and I had a massive Big Mac Attack. After lunch was nap time, only I couldn't nap because I still had to work. I made it home and fixed dinner. Safe and sound, right. Wrong. I am now trying to stay awake long enough so that I can go to bed at a time when I won't wake up at 4 am. And it is not like I have enough energy to do anything even remotely productive. No walk for me (or the dogs) today. It all started, or didn't start, with breakfast!

Add my name to the list of people who say "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". I'm staying with my oatmeal or Cheerios from now on. Or at least a good protein packed serving of bacon and eggs. I'll keep the sugary mess that is Cinnabon for a rare treat; when I can sleep the rest of the day.

No comments: