Monday, April 28, 2008

Bark Around the Park

Last Saturday, Raleigh parks and Rec held their 19th annual Bark Around the Park festival over at the Exchange Park next to Millbrook High School. I was out there last year. The AKC had a booth and I helped out with it, and it was good, but this year was much better. The good folks at parks and Rec really outdid themselves this year. The place was packed with vendors and sponsors, they had a variety of events and demos, and there were lots of people that showed up. The AKC volunteered to do some demos of some of the events that we sponsor. We set up a small agility course (think doggie obstacle course) and we did a Rally demo also (think doggie obedience, light). The agility demos were a great crowd pleaser. We had a good group of spectators for every demo we did, right on up until the end. I volunteered the use of my truck to move the agility equipment, so it was a long day for me, but I had a good time. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend as much time talking with people since I was "the equipment dude" this year. Oh well. I've got a couple of pictures below.

blogger is not cooperating right now. I'll post pictures later

No comments: