Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Worst Time to Have a Cold

Do you know the worst time to have a cold? Winter? Summer? NOOOOOOO!

The absolute, positively worst time to have a cold is right at the beginning of pollen season in central North Carolina. Not only is your head stuffy, your nose running like a faucet and your eyes watering from the cold, but the pollen compounds those same problems ten-fold AND adds some extras on, just for kicks. Extras like itchy, burning eyes, sinus pressure that makes you want to take an ice pick and........, chest congestion that makes you feel like you are breathing water. Do I really need to go on? Your body gets so screwed up that no medicines work. Sudafed....don't make me laugh. Benadryl....makes the misery almost tolerable. Claritin....Ha! That new medicine that just went over the counter (the memory is the first to go).......not even a dent. All the really good stuff has been pulled off the market because of negative side affects. Right now I would gladly accept the side effects if I could just breath.

Oh, did I forget the sneezing? Can't forget that one!

I am NOT AMUSED!!

No comments: