Thursday, April 10, 2008

Odds and Ends

Just a little bit of this and that.

First off... Beer.

The second batch of beer is actually getting much, much better as it ages. It is probably about 1.5 months old now and it is quite different than when it was new. It is mellowing out nicely. Of course, since I have no patience what so ever when it come to my home brew, I have just about finished my part of the batch. Maybe I can swipe some from the Marquise; she's on a low carb diet now.

We have the third batch bottled and it has been aging for about 2 weeks now. We tried some of it last week and it was much better than anticipated. If you had tasted it when we were bottling, you would have dumped it out right then and there. It was incredibly sweet. The bottle we tried was still a little on the sweet side but was still very drinkable. I think I'll leave that at the Marquise's until it's ready. One because we didn't make that much and two, if it is way over at her place there is no temptation for me here.

Second.... Hercules Mulligan

I have not made mention of our good friends HM since St Paddy's day because they haven't been doing a whole lot lately. I'm gonna have to get on them and find out what's going on.

Third......Wine

We made a quick wine trip last weekend to Silk Hope and Benjamin Wineries. We had hoped that Silk Hope would have had their white wine ready. They did not. Bummer. Since we were in the area, we stopped by Benjamin and I got another bottle of their Carlos wine. A very good semi-sweet muscadine wine.

We also swung by Saxapahaw to see if the meadery was open. It was not. Another bummer.

Now that I write it out, that little trip was not particularly productive. Oh well.

No comments: