Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beer, Beer, Beer

The beer that the Marquise and I started last month was ready for the "official" tasting last weekend. I have to admit that some of it turned out really good. Unfortunately, some of it also turned out pretty bad. I personally think that the smaller batch (see posting from Jan for explanation) produced a better tasting beer. I think the larger batch got contaminated with some bacteria or something. It seems that a lot of the bottles from the big batch have a really odd bitter taste to them. I asked the Marquise to taste some that she kept (we split all the bottles between us) from the large batch to see what she thinks about it. I tend to drink a little more beer than she does, which is why I got to the other batch first.
We have already started planning out next batch. We will probably stay with the same type of beer, but make a few modifications. I also think we should ask a lot more questions when we go to American Brewmaster. I think we now know what questions to even begin to ask.

No comments: