Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mid Year Reviews

Yes, mid year reviews. My workplace has its mid year performance reviews in January. It seems a little odd, but that is the way it is. The review, by and large was OK. However, there was one odd portion. My Supervisor advised me that I was being to "authoritative" with my co-workers. I was not quite sure what she meant. During the course of the conversation, it kinda got (well, not kinda, it did get) more confusing. Evidently, I now must strive to be "authoritative without being authoritative". Whatever the hell that means. There was some "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" kind of behavior going on during the discussion. If anyone out there has some ideas, I'd love to hear them. I think I may be intimidating one or more of my co-workers. I certainly don't mean to be, but I have this funny feeling. I am still mulling this one over. I haven't really come up with a good working plan. I think I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut more often.

I think this is the first time EVER that I have gotten into trouble for knowing to much.

No comments: