Sunday, January 6, 2008

What the .......?!?



You are probably wondering what the heck is going on with these pictures. Well, the dishwasher went out and I decided to take a look and see if I could figure out what happened. Well, come to find out that one of the wires/connections had burned out. The connector, the reddish thingy in the picture above had melted. If you look at the first picture, you can see were it almost melted the yellow and red wires going into the motor. The main wire that actually burned was the main power. We were actually pretty lucky that it didn't catch fire when it melted. Since we usually run the dw at night, you can imagine what that would have been like. Well, I made a run down to our friendly little super duper Lowe's and got some heavy duty supplies to fix our little problem. I got heavy duty, maximum strength connectors and heavy duty electrical tape. I think I have everything well connected, taped and adequately separated. So far the dw is working fine.

No comments: