Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone. I hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Mine was really good. I spent Christmas with the Marquise. We had an impromptu lunch (we planned it the day before), went to see Beowulf at the IMAX 3D theater downtown at Exploris. Beowulf would have been a great movie at a regular theater, however, in 3D and on a screen that's about 2 stories tall, it was phenomenal. After the movie, we noticed that Tir Na Nog was open around the corner so we stopped by for a quick drink. I had a Guinness (as usual) and the Marquise had an Irish Coffee. According to her, you should not use flavored coffee in an Irish Coffee. It just doesn't work.

I was at the piano bar in CC for New Year's. Greg and Kevin did a wonderful job. They were even more entertaining last night than usual because of the variety of people that kept showing up, (Lots of people only show up there on New Year's Eve.) and the number of previous parties they had attended. Depending on who was counting, they were at either 3 or 4 earlier parties. It was good low-key way of bringing in the new year.

I kinda, sort of, made some resolutions for this year. I really don't like the term and idea of New Year's resolutions because most people never keep them and the whole idea is almost a cliche nowadays. However, as I said, I kinda, sort of made some. The main one is to start practicing Yoga. Either with a DVD or if I can find an inexpensive class, with an instructor. The other ones are pretty simple, visit a winery (scheduled for later this month) and try my hand at home brewing. I always have the rest of my list of 43 things to work on, I just moved these three up to the top.

See y'all later on throughout the year!

No comments: