Monday, July 30, 2007

Welcome to Monday

Usually, I do not mind Mondays. It may take me awhile to get out of bed in the morning, but that is usually the extent of my Monday blues. Today was an exception, a big exception. I do not know what it was today, but everyone wanted to argue, complain, piss and moan or need to be hand held thru everything. For those of you unfamiliar with me, I work in customer service. Specifically, I work in a call center doing customer service. Yes, I am one of "those" people that everyone loves to hate. I realize that EVERYONE has a horror story about their calls to this call center or that call center. I also realize that some of those stories are actually the fault of the customer service agent. But folks, let me explain something about our fair country, we have a lot of stupid people here. We have a lot of people who do not read (not cannot, that is a different story). Everyone has at some time done something incredibly stupid and then called to get it fixed. I can handle stupid people, you get used to them in my business. I can handle people who will not read; I have read more than one form word for word to them. I can certainly handle when otherwise intelligent people make really stupid mistakes. What really gets me is when people blame their mistakes on us. It is NOT bad customer service when I remind you that you were the one that sent in the wrong form to us, even though you insist you sent in the right form. It is NOT bad customer service when I tell you the form you sent in was incomplete, even though you insist it was complete, and I have a copy up in front of me. It is NOT bad customer service when I tell you we need certain information to complete the transaction. There is a reason we require that information and no, it is not debatable.

Folks, next time you talk to your friendly customer service agent on the phone, please remember that most of us are well trained, hard working people. There is a lot we can do to help you out, but we will not be able to fix everything all the time. And, please, don't blame us for your own mistakes.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

tough day, eh?

beer wednesday? usual place, time, bar stool?