Monday, July 9, 2007

Highland games and Albannach

Well, I am off to the Highland Games festival this weekend. The Marquise and I are headed over that way on Friday and we'll be back on Sunday. This will be the first festival for both of us and I am ready to get going. One of the main attractions this year (a repeat from what I can tell of last year) is the band Albannach. They are a group of 5 drummers and 1 bagpipe player. The first time I heard them was at Tir Na Nog last October. When we arrived, there was no table left except directly in front of the band. There was a reason it was still open. I was to naive to realize why: they are very (VERY) loud. Check out their website and you will see why. They play great, big, huge drums. I would say "manly" drums, but one of the band members is a woman, so "manly" is out. It took a couple of days for my hearing to get back to normal. I bet my hearing is gonna go about a year earlier than scheduled because of those folks!

One of the reasons I bring them up now is that they are currently in the middle of their US tour. I listen to a lot of Celtic music and I am a big fan of Highlander Radio. I have noticed in the past week or two that they are playing Albanach's music much more. I didn't really think about it until just a little while ago. About a nonth or so ago, I was wondering why I never heard them on Highlander radio and now I hear them at least once every time I tune in. They must be having a really good tour!

Well, I gotta go. I'll let ya'll know how things go at the Highland Games.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

The festival sounds like fun. I would love to hear about it. I found your blog through a comment on a blog about the "black" goldendoodle Ebony. I have a new little doodle named Sadie.

Anonymous said...

Pгetty nісe post. I ϳust stumblеd
upon your blog anԁ wished tο ѕаy that Ι havе trulу еnjoyed browѕіng your blog pοsts.
In anу case I will be subscгibіng in уour feed anԁ I am hοping you write
again soon!

Мy weblοg utility company
Have a look at my homepage bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

Yоuг stylе iѕ so unique in
compагіson to other people I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you'νe got
the oρportunity, Guess I will just boοkmark
this page.

Also visіt my wеb-site :: seo agency dallas