Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wow, where did the week go?

I just looked at my last post and it was all of a week ago. It seems like almost yesterday!

Well, Let me get you caught up on my life here. Last Friday I decided to head on out to Tir Na Nog for some after work music and drinks. The band, Barrowburn was there from 7 - 9p. I have heard them a couple of times and they are really good. They are all superb musicians. They was a new guy that played th guitar and sang while Barrowburn was on break. His first name was TJ, but I can't remember his last name. He was very good. Evidently he is new in town and Annie has been giving him a lot of opportunity to show his stuff. I am not normally a fan of "a man and his guitar" act. The music usually begins to sound all the same after about 4 or 5 songs. This was not the case with TJ. I was really impressed with his music. I was so impressed, that I decided to return on Saturday night when he had a chance to perform a full set. However, before I made it out to Tir Na Nog on Saturday night, I went over to Carborro and met up with Zoe. She took me out to lunch for my birthday. We were going to go to Milltown, but decided at the last minute to go to Tyler's Tavern instead. The beer selection at Tyler's is not as extensive as at Milltown, but the have a much wider variety. Milltown is really known for its selection of Belgian beer. They have some others, but it is mostly Belgian beer.

All in all, a busy weekend during which I spent way to much money at Tir Na Nog. But, it was all worth it.

No comments: