Monday, August 25, 2008

New Projects and Beer

Well, I've started my next knitting project. It's a hat. I found a relatively simple pattern online and I am giving it a try. It's the first time I've knitted with circular needles and eventually will be the first time with DPNs (Double Pointed Needles for the uninitiated). So far I've only had to start over once. A pretty good start for me. Oh yeah, I also "discovered" stitch markers. Whoever invented those little round thingys should be sainted. I figure more is better, so I have them strewn throughout the project (every ten stitches, actually). It is so nice that I only have to count to 10 at a time!

I've got another project started. I decided to start some more strenuous exercising. I've always done a lot of walking, which has really pleased the dogs to no end, but I figured I needed to do a little more for my own good. One of my roommates has an old Bowflex machine and I decided to try it out and see how I do with it. I set a simple goal, just 3 times a week for 6 weeks. That's all. No goals as far as weight loss, muscle gain, endurance, etc. Just 3 times a week for 6 weeks. We'll see what happens after that.

And finally for this blog, beer. I have a couple bottles of the Irish Stout left. I took a bunch on vacation and no one in my family liked it. No ONE! My family, the Philistines. I just gotta love them. I had a good time with the beer all by myself! It is time, however, for the next batch. Probably another Coopers since everyone seems to like it. I may try a batch from scratch - no kit at all. I gotta find a good (simple) recipe. I may talk to the guys at American Brewmaster and see what they have to say.

No comments: