Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Baby Blanket


I just finished my latest project. A baby blanket for a grandmother-to-be at work. Its a simple granny square blanket in blue, green and white. It turned out pretty well. However, I doubt that I will get the same yarn again. I have learned that not all acrylic yarn is the same. There are good brands and not so good brands. TLC Baby by Red Heart is a not so good brand. The yarn splits easily and it is not as soft and snuggly as some of the other brands. After a couple of washings and some fabric softener, it should become a lot more comfy, hopefully.

My next project is a sweater for one of my roommates. It's gonna be black with some white vertical strips. Horizontal strips are a lot easier. This will be the largest project I've done with vertical strips. Hopefully, I can get the strips on the front and the back pieces to match up when I put it all together!

No comments: