Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ads by Google

I've been watching the ad box on the left since I put it up. Its not that I thought I'd actually get any money from it, but I was curious to see what kind of links it brought up. It is really quite interesting to watch how the subjects change over time. Now I realize that it is pulling content from my postings and trying to match them up with paying advertisers, but it is interesting none the less. I got links for baby items when I posted about my baby blankets. I get all sorts of websites about all things Scottish when I even think about posting anything about kilts. I had a link to some wine making supplies when I posted about the great NC wine tour, even though I didn't mention anything about making my own wine. Perversely, I receive the same link for wine making supplies when I post about home brewing beer. I need to write to someone about that, its not right. And I even got a link for kitchen renovations at one time. I have no idea where that one came from. (I don't believe, however, that I got any ads for anything NASCARish after my beer and NASCAR posting. I wonder what was up with that. One would think that since NASCAR exploits everything else that they would certainly exploit content ads.) My braces posting generated a lot of ads for braces, orthodontists and dentists in general. It seems like every time I go back there is another posting. They must be desperate. I hope there is some geekly person reviewing my files somewhere wondering what the hell is going on with me. For some reason, that thought gives me great pleasure. I am sure that those of you out there with a psych hobby will have a field day with that.

No comments: