Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Voices Are Getting Louder

The other day, I had to take my truck into the shop for some long neglected clutch work. I took it in there after work on Tuesday, so I asked one of my co-workers if she could pick me up at my place Wednesday morning and take me to work. She was happy to help out (I have great co-workers and she only lives a hop, skip and a jump away from me). What I forgot to mention was that the truck would be in the shop for a couple of days and that I would need some help, probably until Friday. So, the next morning I got up and started repeating to myself "Sue, The truck is gonna be in the shop for a couple of days, can you help me out?" I was repeating this over and over, so I wouldn't forget to ask her. Soooo, when she finally arrives to pick me up, I get in and we say our hellos and other Good Morning pleasantries. All was going well. After about 5 minutes, I asked her if she could help me out the next couple of days. The conversation from there went kinda like this:

"Ricky, you just asked me that! Not 3 minutes ago!"
"Did I? Are you sure?"
"Yes, I said I would help out."
"Oh" I said in a rather strained voice. "Thanks."

Evidently, I had been concentrating and repeating the question so much to myself, I had not realized I had actually vocalized it.

Should I be worried?

No comments: